True Strings is a tool for fast and accurate tuning of any string instrument.
- Select a tuning that corresponds to your string instrument
- Pluck a string on your instrument
- Instant feedback tells you if the string is sharp, flat or in tune
- Adjust the tension of the string on your instrument according to the indicators
- Repeat this procedure with all the strings of your instrument
True Strings indicates tones that fall outside the tonal range of your instrument in order to avoid breaking strings while tuning.
True Strings uses a tuning editor with which you can define tunings with any number of strings tuned to any tone within an acceptable range.
- Range of tone detection A0 – C8
- Very high precision of pitch measurement, about 0.1 cent resolution
- A detected tone is measured in respect to perfect pitch in cents
- Displays a musical note closest to the measured frequency
- Several display patterns for accidentals
- Transposition possible for instruments with natural key other than C
- Adjustable reference tone A4 in the range 400 – 480 Hz
- Preset temperament collection available
Pluck any string and interpret the instant visual feedback. The string that is closest in range of the measured tone is highlighted. The measured tone is always in one of the following three states
- in tune
Guided tuning assists in keeping the entire instrument in tune with the least amount of effort.
Set the tuning options to “guided” and select either
- ascending or
All important tuning configurations are readily available in the toolbar on the right side.
Use the preset library of tunings to match your own instrument. Modify a present tuning or create a new tuning if necessary.
The library provides tunings for common instrument such as Bass, Bass Guitar, Cello, Erhu, Guitar, Mandolin, Shamisen, Ukulele, Viola, Violin.
You may choose “other instrument” if you have an uncommon instrument, which is not in the library.
Use the menu to select appropriate action. The arpeggiator plays authentic sound.
Options available on each string are as follows:
- Select tuning
- Play arpeggio
- Delete tuning
Effortlessly change any of the tuning parameters
- Reference tone A4
- Display pattern for accidentals
- In-tune condition
Inspect the scale of the selected temperament.
Limitless extension possibilities with the tuning editor. Define any number of strings tuned to any tone.
Swipe to change tone
Swipe to the left to lower the tone, or swipe to the right to raise the tone in half steps.
Sound level threshold
Keep the sound intensity of your instrument above the background noise.
The idea with a signal threshold is twofold. First, ensure a reliable measurement of the instrument’s pitch (a weak tone is easily mudded by background noise). Second, the app’s pitch detection only kicks in when the the signal is sufficiently strong, which increases battery life.